This guide takes you step-by-step through the process of setting up a new email account in Outlook 2016 or Outlook for Microsoft 365.
Your mailbox is also available online via Webmail.
Replace example.co.za with your domain name.
3. Select the Add Account button in the middle of the screen, then Account Settings (Fig 2)
4. Insert your email address (Fig 3).
5. Select Advanced options, then select Let me set up my account manually > Connect
6. This temporary screen (Fig 4) will then display.
7. After Fig 4, this screen (Fig 5) will display the various account options, then select POP or IMAP
8. Server Settings: (Note that some versions of Outlook don’t allow you to adjust server settings at this stage. In these cases, complete the account setup and then check your server settings by going to File > Info > Account Settings dropdown > Server Settings). For example, see Fig 6.
9. Then click Connect. Your device will now establish communication with your mail server.
10. You will then be prompted for the password
11. Your setup is complete!
12. Send a test mail and if there are any errors, please contact us for additional support.
* Note: In isolated cases mail.domain (e.g. mail.example.com) and smtp.domain won’t work. In these cases, you will need to use the server name instead e.g. www34.cpt1.host-h.net. Please contact our support team.